View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #43
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Has the TSA gone too far?

Focusing on people doesn't mean focusing on race. It is in part using what is already open information on people, such as what was known about the failed panty bomber before he got on the plain (search).

I would say what I've heard about the Israeli methods is perfectly reasonable. I've been through something like it, probably, where I was interviewed, the interviewer asked questions while looking me right in the eye the entire time. I know the interviewer was looking at my behavior and testing if my story was straight and if I could keep it straight. And I'm sure someone else had already screened me based on my public record and made sure me the person there with the ticket was the same as the name in the record. I knew that if something didn't fit about me I would be pulled out of line for more investigation. As an American I didn't have a problem with that under the circumstances.

Yeah, sure it's possible for an Anglo to be a terrorist and show up dressed as a nun or with a prosthetic leg that's an explosive device, or whatever. But I've been flying for 30+ years. I fly at least twice a month. There is nothing in my profile that even hints I'm a danger. TSA doesn't need to look at naked pictures of me or stick its hands inside my clothes.

The thing to remember is the panty bomber got on the plane. TSA didn't stop him. So now TSA is looking for the next panty bomber by looking for panty bombers instead of looking for terrorists.

Just my opinion.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote