View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #10
Alex Alexzander
No longer Registered.

Model: 8310
PIN: 2434CB8D
Carrier: AT&T

Perhaps a good way to consider the pros and cons of each phone is to consider their strengths and weaknesses. Consider what they actualy mean to you.

With the BlackBerry, you have a perfect email experience. Push email is a thing of beauty, but you don't sound like you're using that anyway. BlackBerry has some extremely good professional applications, such as TodoMatrix, WorldMate Live, Ascendo DataVault, and so on. JiveTalk is a very good way to stay in communication with friends weather they are on MSN, AIM, or YIM.

In the case of music and video you have less than perfect software. The video player is pretty good. I have watched a whole movie on it. And the music ap could use a lot more refining.

On the iPhone, the web experience is it's best strength. Email is okay, but not as reliable, or as fast as push email. But it's not bad either. It certainly has a good looking interface, but the way you have to go into and back out of each mail box when using multiple email addresses is far less than perfect.

The Video and Music on the iPhone are both top notch. It is easy to use, easy to manage, and easy to manage. I wrote that twice because it really does go beyond easy. Both the iTunes and the iPhone have excellent interfaces for music and video. You will not be disappointed there.

In my opinion, it's like this. If email is your number one app, following by professional business applications, then BlackBerry is the choice.

If you love web browsing, MP3s and Movies, and then email, then perhaps the iPhone is the better choice.

What do I own? A BlackBerry 8310. I have an iPod Nano for music and video. Also I have a Zune, which if all you want is music and no video, is the better device.

Best,

Alex

Last edited by Alex Alexzander; 01-25-2008 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: .
Offline   Reply With Quote