Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 AM   #1
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Playstation 3 messed up my UMA

Please Login to Remove!

For compatibility reasons the Sony Playstation 3 uses bluetooth. The controllers are wireless and probably bluetooth and you can pair bluetooth headsets to it. I got my Motorola H700 to pair with it. I think bluetooth keyboards can also be used with it.

That's all great, but then I noticed it interfered with my UMA. Calls started dropping or the phone wouldn't connect. Data worked fine, but not calls. Previously I could use my H700 bluetooth headset and UMA at the same time with no problems. But the Playstation 3 is probably putting out a very strong signal. And when using the Playstation, it's physically in between me and the router.

Luckily I was able to change my Linksys router to channel 3 and up the output power. That's given me the UMA connection back. I'm running DD-WRT firmware on it which let me boost the signal from the default 28, to 50. I picked channel 3 since my other router had been running on that and the phone favored that router. So I assumed the Playstation was interfering with the Linksys on channel 8. I swapped those 2 channels with the Linksys running on 3. But that could be just coincidental.

Anyway, just something to consider when you're shopping for a game console.
Offline   Reply With Quote