View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
gnowegroeg

Model: Z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Speakout (Rogers)
Default Z10 USB mode

Please Login to Remove!

Sorry about the long thread, basically, can someone tell me how to turn the Z10 without SD card into a USB drive for windows (XP) PC without loading or using BB link

I would like to be able to connect the Z10 to a windows XP PC and transfer photos from internal memory /media/camera directory, i.e. like some other phones or cameras, once plug into the USB port, it shows up as a drive in PC and I can move files around.

However, in Z10, it will connect but it shows up as a drive with BB link setup files in it, I guess it wants me to install BB link which I do not want, I tried different settings in /system settings/storage and access/USB connection but they all behave the same.

I read many posts in forum indicating scrolling way down on /system settings/storage and access screen I should see a "USB storage mode" but that screen is not there because I do not have an SD card installed.

I am currently using the wifi option to transfer files but it is real slow when copying many photos.

I seemed to recall there is a gesture which will bring up a screen for a one time USB mode setting, but I forgot where I read it (been reading too many forum posts lately to learn more about BB10

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote