View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 12:46 PM   #22
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Yep, I backed them up and also did a full backup before starting the upgrade. I'm glad I did, too, since I had to still restore a bunch of stuff.....
  • Theme was back to a default theme, so had to set that back to what I was using (just one that comes with the OS) and hide/move all my icons again. I think I could have restored the Theme Settings database, but I had already done all the moving/hiding when I thought of that.
  • Browser bookmarks not restored - restored all Browser databases. I tried restoring just the Browser Bookmarks database (like I've done before) and it didn't bring over the bookmarks so I just did them all.
  • SMS messages were not restored. I don't care about them, and usually delete them all, except for 2 that I have from my son from 1 year and 2 years ago (gotta keep the ones where the kids say they love you).
  • Speed dials all gone - restored Quick Contacts database
  • Sounds all back to defaults - restored the Sounds and Profiles Options databases. This also restored my individual contact alerts.
  • AutoText wasn't the same number of records as the backup file - restored AutoText database
  • Spell check dictionary had no entries on the device, the backup had 890 entries - restored the CustomWordsCollection database.
  • Memopad was empty - restored the Memos database.
  • Convenience Keys were not set to what I had before, and I hate VAD (although the lady sounds different now) so had to fix that, too. Ugh, this means I have VAD back on my device....oh well, when the OS is released for download I'll remove it then.

Last edited by juwaack68; 02-11-2010 at 01:00 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote