View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #47
vbell

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none
Default Re: How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

To d_fisher
Forgive me if I am not clear, this is the first time I have ever joined a forum. Guidance will be greatly appreciated to help with clarity.
My problem is a little bit different than the one you have posted.
However, the outcome I want is to completely uninstall Blackberry Desktop Software 5.0.1 and Blackberry Media Sync. I no longer own a Blackberry. I had uninstalled these two items mid December.
Then today 12/27 I had problems with changes I had made to my System Config Utility. To remedy my bungled job of it I did a System Restore to Mid December a date which I thought was before I had originally uninstalled the Blackberry software mentioned above.
I cannot uninstall it because I get a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it; and an error window saying another installation is in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.
What it may be referring to is my computer was showing a Windows Installer window when it rebooted after the restore point was done. The window says it is configuring Roxio Media Manager and it has an error unable to find/read certificate file.

It is my understanding that Roxio software is associated with the Blackberry software.
So is it reasonable to guess that my restore point is at a place where part of my Blackberry software was already removed and I should choose another restore point prior to this one?
I hope you understand what I said here.
Awaiting your expert advice.
Offline   Reply With Quote