Old 12-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
F0nage
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None
Default Another Newbie 8900 v. 9700 thread

Please Login to Remove!

I am going back and forth between the Nokia E72 and the BB 8900 but whenever I see a pile of E72 problem threads I think of abandoning the Nokia idea (I am very sick of Nokia but the E72 has all the specs I'm looking for and S60 is a known quantity for me in terms of hacks and apps etc). Right now I have a handful of Nokias and they all have good points but most of them have bad points as well and I'm losing patience with their policy of "the paying customer always alpha tests our products".

If I don't need 3G which is better the BB 8900 or 9700? Taking things like build quality and texting experience into account...I have a good multimedia phone but I need a phone with a hardware keyboard and an email and texting setup that "just works".

Never had a BB before and I have lots to learn about this platform and the services. For example is the coverage area different for a given operator's GSM/CDMA service and BIS?

Anybody using S/MIME on BB? How is it?

Why is BB said to be more secure? Doesn't everything go through BB's servers? That sounds like one-stop shopping for anybody who wants to p0wn your phone.

Thank you.
Offline   Reply With Quote