Old 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #160
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominx
I just want to reiterate what you guys need to be asking for when calling tech support.

*** If you simply want to activate EVDO, tell them to add feature code EVDSB to your account. This is free EVDO allowance on the Express Network.

*** If you want tethered EVDO access this is feature code MNAI3 and costs $15 a month.

None of these features replace your BB Unlimited Data Plan. Your current data plan and pricing structure stay the same.

Hopefully Mark updates his guide with this.
Confirmed.
This is what appears under my data portion:
Data
Unlimited Data Usage $44.99
NATIONALACCESS ROAM $0.00

And this is what appears under my Express:
EVDO ALLOWANCE $0.00
NATIONALACCESS ROAM $0.00

And on this matter:

sbagdan vbmenu_register("postmenu_129419", true);
Knows Where the Search Button Is

. . .They called and got 2nd level tech support, well to make a VERY LONG story shorter, after about 1 hour in the store, my phone now says "1XEV" (YEAH!!!!!)

I have said from my fiirst post on this matter, you have to escalate the issue the lower echelons of tech support were not prepared when this hit the streets. I still believe that it was either leaked or released by mistake, but thanks to our sleuths we got wind of it before they were ready. The upper level support staff had apparently been at least given a bit of info on the matter and were able to help once you reached them. The other thing that happened I believe is that this all sort of developed in the evening, and I think that there aless techs available and the few that are are probably the newer ones getting the worst shifts making the whole scenario what it has been. If You are not going to use the BB for tethering to a laptop and do not want to pay the extra $15 per month I suggest you go to your own Verizon site and double check that you indeed have The express Network with no additional charge showing. Short of that you will be charged the $15.00.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 11-23-2005 at 11:04 PM..