View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #40
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

This was no surprise to me, and it didn't cost me 50 bucks. RIM has not hidden anything. In addition what has been posted above, it's been reported multiple times in news articles recently: RIM does nothing to enhance the underlying security of emails on BIS.

Regarding SSL use on an email client, that is just between the client and the email server, right? My ISP's now enforce use of the secure ports on their users accessing the servers with a client, but how do I know the other party sending to me or receiving from me is using a client set to use secure ports? I don't know enough to even ask about the security of email traffic between mail servers. And I don't trust anyone else's computer, and almost don't trust mine sometimes. I just don't count on email being all that confidential.

For what I use the BlackBerry to do, it's fine. If I needed more, I'd look for ways to implement a PKI sort of deal, or hosted BES, or whatever, which I don't know for sure because I haven't had reason to look.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 08-19-2010 at 04:15 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote