View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
btaylor1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Q10
Carrier: at&t
Default at&t 9900 and Maps question

Please Login to Remove!

i used google maps for a long time with 9000 and earlier blackberries. it was good at first but not so good later. i stuck with it because it mostly worked ok, and there wasn't any $10/month or so charge like some other program i read about (telenav?)

well, now with my new 9900, the google maps is still there but not working so great. one thing particularly bothersome was google maps quick following me along the road for any distance. i see now a new included Maps program i have tried and liked pretty well so far. (compass not so great...) with the new Maps program, i can have good tracking and even choose between tracking up (showing direction i'm traveling at top of map) or tracking with north always at the top of the map. i really like that feature

i did not get prompted to accept any sort of payment obligation, but i'm a little nervous someone might start trying to bill me later for using the new Maps program. is the new Maps program included and if it works with my at&t blackberry service, is there any reaon to think anyone is going to try to bill me extra for using it?

thx
Offline   Reply With Quote