View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #10
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Is BB the most used smartphone in the world

You're in a dangerous game at this point. It is difficult to compare across those lines, as there are many OEMs pumping out many Android devices, several generations of iPhone, and only one for BlackBerry. What really matters is that you get the right tool for the job. The "Big 3" continue to exist in 2011 where Windows Mobile and Palm do not because iOS, Android, and BlackBerry continue to deliver something that Windows Mobile and Palm failed at. It can be anything. Just do something that the others don't. That's why I see HTC picking up webOS. What's to keep an HTC Android user from buying a Motorola Android next time? Sense? Please... Regardless, you have to have a killer feature or capability. For iPhone, that is ease of use and a development program that encourages third-party developers. For Android, that is choice. Choice in hardware and choice and software. For BlackBerry, that is an operating system that is very streamlined for communication and personal information management. However, that could all change in 2012. Of the non-Big-3, the only one that I see being effective is Windows Phone 7. That is a wild card. Also, BlackBerry is migrating to QNX and will thus support Flash and be much more attractive to developers.
Offline   Reply With Quote