View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
mastdog
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: ----
PIN: Go Steelers!
Carrier: AT&T

Hello, I just recently chose to go with ATT after 9 years of being a Vzw customer and I had a big dilemma. I had to get 4 phones when I moved, all at once so cost was a consideration.

I liked my BB's (curve) but the price of the curve, for the same thing I had was about 50 bucks more than the e71, and for the BB's with wifi and that ran on the 3g network, I was at 199, and 299 for the bold. I loved the bold, just loved it but could not justify the truck payment I would have to shell out to get it. So I chose the e71.

Here are my impressions, it's not a BB. But that is ok! It has a icon driven interface, which is comforting coming from BB, it has decent email, and actually for email, despite what you all say here, I think is superior. Why is it superior? Because I can set up IMAP4 email accounts on it and I could not find anything that allowed me to do it on BB. My client (part of the US ARMY) has banned the use of BB and their mail aggregator (sp?) so I could no longer get my mail on my phone. That stunk....att has a program called xpress mail on the phone that did what I wanted but lacked html support. Nokia messaging lets get my mail too, and though not technically push, it pulls at the times you schedule it, so I still get the mail all day, and it does HTML.

The phone is a lot easier to manage files on imo, and there are so many apps it is insane.

yes I miss my BB but for the cost difference and the features, I don't think you will be dissapointed with the e71x.
Offline   Reply With Quote