View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
qfunk24

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default SOLUTION!!! sorta...

BlackBerry support couldn't help me, after a few hours of troubleshooting. Seems to be an IT policy either with the original device (BES) or with the new one that I have that was once activated on a BES. Even after wiping it and restoring the IT policy, still having the same issue....

I found, after hours of research online, that there's a workaround. You have to download the ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter software which pulls the data out of the BlackBerry backup file (.ipd file) and exports it into a number of formats, including DIRECTLY TO OUTLOOK. This is the fix. I was able to pull out my address book from the backup file, restore to Outlook, then sync up with the new BlackBerry device. Just know that it costs $20 for a license to use the full software and you need Outlook, though it doesn't have to be set up with an account.

SO the forums isn't allow me to post links since I haven't commented enough, but search online for "ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter" and you'll find it. It's made by a company called ProcessText Group.

Worked like a charm for me, and the $20 was worth all the important personal and business contacts that I've built up.

This seriously was a nightmare and I can't believe RIM doesn't have a solution for the thousands of us with this issue.
Offline   Reply With Quote