View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
tateu
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I have started integrating an option to use data from Weather Underground (wunderground.com) for the current conditions and, eventually, the daily forecast. Some of the parameters available with the current weather feed (weather.com) are not available through Weather Underground, such as sunrise/sunset and a few others, but it's still nice to have options. The main reason I added it is that GPS will work in locations outside the US because Weather Underground directly accepts latitude & longitude coordinates and returns weather data for that region (I've tested it in the simulator with locations in Russia and Canada). It also doesn't provide hourly forecast data but it does provide weather alerts so that is another thing I started trying to implement.

I also spent a short while looking into radar but don't have a solution yet. I need something that takes a latitude and longitude and LocationID and returns an image instead of an entire web page. Something like this from Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/mapdata?tstyp...-internal&zl=6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
could we also get a Homescreen BG Color?
Are you talking about the blue, squarish icon that the temperature gets written on top of? If yes, that is a png image that has to be created and compiled into BBWeather. The best I might be able to do is give you an option not to use a prebuilt image background and instead just use a solid color. I have also been trying, unsuccessfully, for a long time to write the temperature text onto a transparent background so it appears directly on the homescreen background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
I am curious if any 8330 users were successful.
I don't think the device simulators are a good judge...but it works in the 8130 and 8330 simulators.
Offline   Reply With Quote