View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #47
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I have been attempting to use a bluetooth keyboard with my 8100 Pearl. It is under IT policy. The default policy denies access to "keystroke injection" in the Application Permissions under Security Settings which is necessary for access by a Bluetooth Keyboard.

I tried this procedure on an old BB that is no longer used on the BES in order to see if I could get the "keystroke injection" denial lifted and use the keyboard on the old BB. Yes, the procedure will appear to "remove" IT policy. However, it only applies a blank policy which doesn't show up under Security Settings. There is still policy on the device after using this procedure. Firewalls are set to "default" policy. Under default some settings are defaulted to "disallow" or "deny." One of which is the "keystroke injection." It needs to be set to "allow" in order to allow access by a Bluetooth Keyboard. This blank policy doesn't allow this.

I just wanted to inform those using this procedure that it doesn't completely "remove" all IT policy. It does lift a lot of restrictions from the device but not all.
Offline   Reply With Quote