View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Nickguy

Model: Many
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Every Carrier
Default Re: Activation stuck on Contacting Server

Thanks! That article is exactly what I needed... but I'm still stuck.

In the KB13850 article it says:

1. The ETP.DAT message is sent to the BlackBerry Infrastructure, which forwards it to the email address that was specified in the Enterprise Activation section.
2. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which monitors the BlackBerry smartphone user's mailbox, picks up the ETP.DAT message. The wireless enterprise activation process begins.
3. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server sends the acknowledgment and encryption information to the BlackBerry smartphone.
4. The IT policy is sent to the BlackBerry smartphone.
5. When the BlackBerry Enterprise Server verifies that the IT policy has been applied successfully, it sends the required service books to the BlackBerry smartphone.
6. When the BlackBerry Enterprise Server sends all the required information to the BlackBerry smartphone. The following message appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Your email address mailto:user@domain.tld is now enabled

It seems to me that it is failing Step 1 or 2. Once it is in the mailbox I should be able to see it in Outlook right?

So I am going through the KB13458 article

It lists these two possible error messages:
1. The server is not responding. Please contact your System Administrator.
2. An error has occurred. Please contact your System Administrator.

My error message is "The BlackBerry Enterprise Server has not responded to your activation request. An error may have occurred." I'm operating under the assumption that my error is the same as the other two, despite the different wording. Am I wrong? I don't want to troubleshoot the wrong issue. (And I'm glad that the message informed me that "there may have been an error". The Blackberry isn't even sure what's going on.)
Offline   Reply With Quote