View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
Matrix Leader
No longer Registered.

Model: 9780
Carrier: DU
Cool My 9780 review!

Please Login to Remove!

I am so happy I bought this 9780! The keyboard is the best out there! I thought it was gonna be the same like my 9700 keyboard but although it looks similar, the keys are actually softer which makes typing on it even easier, anyone notice that?

Then comes OS 6, I had OS 6 on the 9700 and while it had a few glitches here and there, all of them were already fixed in the 9780, well I am not comparing them offcourse as it is not fair since the 9780's OS is official and the 9700 is only a leak but just stating that it had no bugs, (the 9700 is always gonna be my 2nd fav. phone)

Then comes the awesome camera with autofocus that is almost instantenous, there is no pause for a sec or two like there was with the 9700 it snaps pics instantly and they are veyr sharp!

Battery, on par with the 9700, couldn't imagine they could improve it any better as it was giving me 1.5 days usage with heavy usage or 2 days with moderate usage, that remained the same with the 9780.

9700 + 9780 batteres are the best in any BB IMHO.

Build quality, very sturdy, no squeaks aywhere, perfectly built BB with a study trackpad. I have noticed the latest devices like the Curve 3G and the Torch have weirdly placed trackpads, some are placed too deep so you can't reall feel em properly and some are raisd or bulged out so you can't really have any smooth motion as your finger tends to **** in the middle of the motion, this 9780 however had a perfectly aligned and placed trackpad.

Screen = very very crisp, although smaller than the Torch or 9000, the clarity remains specatular! I love it, I don't hink I need bigger, or smaller for that matter, the phones size and screen are perfect once you get accustomed to it. Plus, bear in mind, bigger screen will affect your battery negatively!

Honestly speaking, I still do think that the BOLD 9700 looks better due to the shiny chrome, maybe it's just me, but from a far distance, my 9780 looks like a Curve 8520

Just my 2 cents
Offline   Reply With Quote