View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
Adge23

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default trackball problems on 8800

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone. So my problem is that my trackball suddenly won't scroll down. It rolls downward just fine, but the cursor on the screen will not go downward.

I've had scrolling problems before, and they've always remedied themselves when I just rolled the trackball around a bit. This problem, however, has been going on for two days and I have tried a number of things to fix it, including the following:

- turned off phone and pushed the trackball down while scrolling downward, then rolled it around in all directions
- did a battery pull to reset the phone in case it was just a software glitch
- removed chrome ring and trackball, cleaned underneath trackball
- used compressed air to spray underneath trackball and trackball apparatus

About all this has accomplished is to scrape the chrome off the ring that holds the trackball in place and has resulted in the ring no longer fitting snugly. I did notice that when I put the trackball back in upside down (with the metal maginifying-glass-shaped piece on the back of the trackball apparatus pointing downward), I was able to scroll left, right, and down, but not up.

I guess my question is, do I need to buy a new trackball or is there something I've missed in trying to fix the current one?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Offline   Reply With Quote