View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
JakeKole
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Re: I tried. Really, I tried.

I spent end of last week with the device and I realy like it. I have not so far been a fan of touch screen devices. The poor battery life and i find the keyboards difficult to type on. I got hit realy badly with a overpriced contract for a realy bad samsung phone many years ago and has contributed to me not getting a touch screen device.

In saying that if i could afford the z10 i would swap it for my 8520. I would just have to get used to charging it every day like all other touch screens. I realy like the hub feature and the flick gestures seems so natural for me. I even started doing it on my 8520, stupid. As i have never been a smart phone user and just a blackberry user over the last few years. I don't realy have any problems with the device apart from a few set up problems that i had. But i think they were due to the sim card and the active sync issue.

The only app that was missing was whatsapp and i don't even think i will need opera mini as i like the built in browser. The only other thing i am not too sure on is a few usability issues but i think they may just be because i am knew to the device.

But it does everything without problem, pdf, office docs, music player, media player, games, flash. I can even play my flac collection. The keyboard is also definitely very usable, i can type like my usual two thumbs and it works fine.

Overall i would give it 9/10 and if i could afford it i would replace my 8520, i just can't wait until devices like this have a battery life like my 8520. :D

Last edited by JakeKole; 02-11-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote