View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 06:46 AM   #57
tys
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7780

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfraser
I am on the same configuration as you except on the Rogers network here in Canada and am running a 7290. I have been running BBToday 1.5 for about 6 weeks without problem. Like many people, though, I have frequent "Bad DNS Address" for weather and stock quotes, but that is always rectified by a couple of manual updates. You might try to disable the MDS proxy in the weather preference menue.
One issue that has just happened since the BES was upgraded to 4 earlier this week, which was not a problem prior to the BES going to 4, is that location lookup id in the weather preferences no longer works. In fact it causes my Blackberry to freeze. Any suggestions?
Thanks Jim, I'll check out the MDS Proxy. My corp is running BES 4.0 as well. Have you changed any settings under the Options icon from your home screen? I've read all the posts regarding TCP and APN and proxy's, etc - tried a bunch also but was never successful. Most likely related to the IT Policy flowed down by big brother but I can't figure out how to comfirm that. Is there a way to download or read the IT Policy to see what's restricted and what's not?

Chris
Offline   Reply With Quote