View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #18
AvecAmour

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTS
Angry Re: My blackberry keeps shutting down?!

I'm having the same problem. Started about 3 months ago. Thought it was due to roaming (which chews up battery life like crazy), but now it blacks out about once every 15 minutes of continuous use. Complete shut down, then takes forever to power up. When it does, the battery is completely exhausted. Doesn't appear to matter which app or task I am doing. Could be sitting at home talking, texting on the bus, sending an e-mail, or playing an off-line game. And no, the phone has never seen the extreme cold, or warm, or ever been wet. The idiot at the MTS counter (my provider) had no idea what to do other than say it must be something I am doing....RIGHT! Glad to find out that swapping out batteries does nothing to it. Also, I haven't downloaded any apps for over a year and refuse to upgrade the operating system or upgrade any of the programs like crunchSMS. It happens without any warning what so ever and doesn't matter if the phone fully charged or down one bar. Very Frustrated BlackBerry User....perhaps iPhone next! RIM, needs to jump on these issues. Phone is a Pearl 8220 (not 9300).

Last edited by AvecAmour; 08-21-2012 at 09:25 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote