Old 07-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
AverageWhiteBloke
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Application Loader Has to Close

Please Login to Remove!

I am having problems with my 8100. It started off when my BB app store icon went missing. Checking installed applications it was in the list so I un-installed it and re-installed using the phone.
Then every time I boot the phone I get a java out of memory error! So, I decided to connect the phone to the application loader and wipe out anything on the phone I didn't need app wise but every time I use either the Desktop software or application loader it crashes and I get error box "application loader has encountered an error and needs to close" After searching this forum and others I came across un-installing Desktop software and the application loader. Doing some hard re boots of the pc and a registry clean and then re-installing DS/application loader in that order but same thing.

Current situation is the phone is recognised in DS but if I click on applications it crashes app loader. If I run the app loader itself that crashes. I have tried updating the phone using DS but that crashes app loader, I also tried re-installing the phones OS but that does the same thing. It would appear that everything I do with the phone needs the app loader which crashes on every occasion!

I am using version 4.5.0.174 os on the phone, I have noticed however that when I look for versions to install on the DS that the only version available is still 4.5.0.174 bot it says (downgrade) not sure if this has a bearing on it. Possibly due to me downloading the app loader specifically for o2 uk which I'm not sure I did first time round.

I guess I'm trying to say HELP!

I use 2 BB, a 9800 torch and this 8100 and sync from one to the other if this is a problem using two phones on one DS, I can't imagine it is as you can swap devices in the interface.
Offline   Reply With Quote