View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
caneau
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Tmo

Some of you are missing the point. Maybe if you get a new phone every 3 months, the Javelin would be fine. I get phones to keep for a year or two. T-Mobile's 3G will be in virtually every metro area in the US in a year, there is no doubt about that. Maybe if I lived in some tiny little town in the middle of nowhere that just had EDGE or GPRS, the Javelin would be a good phone. I don't. I live in Vegas and DC, the former has full 3G coverage in the entire city, the latter will in about 2 weeks (they've already started roll-outs this Wednesday).

Unveiling a phone now that is bordering on obsolete in an era of hyper-competitiveness in the smartphone field is a stupid move for both T-Mobile and for BlackBerry...unless they really want to scare people into getting G1s, iPhones, and HTC Touches.

But hey, if pretty screens, a bit more memory, and a few more megapixels are more important to you than broadband speeds or improved navigation then by all means, enjoy the Javelin. I'll either hold on to my 8800 for a while longer to see what pops up or jump ship.

BTW, my guess on the price point will be $250.
Offline   Reply With Quote