saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Talking bbTracker - a simple GPS tracking software

Please Login to Remove!

Hy,
I didn't find any rules regarding announcing software releases in this forum, but since this is not for money and the general mood seems to be really nice here, I thought I'd give it a try.

As I've already mentioned in another post I'm currently developing a simple GPS tracking software called bbTracker.

If you don't care about route finding or downloading and displaying maps, but just want to
  • get your coordinates and/or altitude
  • record your path
  • have it displayed in a simple graphic
  • display elevation and speed over time
  • export it to GPX and/or KML (Google Earth) files

then bbTracker might be for you.

My test platform is a BlackBerry 8800, so I know that it works there just fine but it should work on any reasonably new smartphone that supports the Location API (JSR-179, if you want to get technical).

I'd appreciate any feedback that I get, especially bug reports, compatibility reports and feature suggestions. I wont have regular net access during the next week, 'though, so my replies might take a while.

Edit:
The current release is 0.5.3.

Regarding OTA install: For some reason using the JAD-Files on the BlackBerry often leads to verification errors. I'm investigating this, but probably won't be able to provide a solution until next weekend. Pointing your BlackBerry browser to http://www.bbtracker.org/download/current/bbtracker.jar will install the most current version.

Last edited by saua; 05-07-2008 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: update for 0.5.3
Offline   Reply With Quote