View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
SmoothOperator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Project: Help Me Switch From My Old 16GB SD Memory Card To A New 128GB Memory Card

Please Login to Remove!

OK, guys, I mentioned in another thread that I may be doing this, so with your help I can pull it off. My 16GB memory card from my old 9900 I had used previously in my old 9700, and I had recently transferred it to my "new" BlackBerry Classic. Until recently it worked just fine, but now I have some problems with a number of my songs disappearing from my memory card and I am running out of space anyway (I have less than 1 GB free space left), so I think it is time to update my memory card and somehow transfer the media from the old to the new.

Before we begin, I want to give you a little background. First of all, I am not so computer-literate, so it would help if you understand that my knowledge of computer jargon is very limited. Secondly, my home computer is very old: it is well over ten years old and it runs on Windows XP--yes, Windows XP. All my music I have loaded on my mobile devices (i.e., Blackberry 9700, 9900 and now Classic, and several iPhones) by syncing with Windows Media Player for my BB devices and iTunes for my iPhones. I don't think the Blackberry Classic works with Windows Media Player, so I may have to find another way to load songs on it. I have not added songs to my devices any other way. Another bit of background information is that I stopped using a tower after I obtained my first tablet, a Chromebook [I am typing on it now to post this].

My first step is to buy a new SD memory card. I did a quick search online and learned that I can use up to 128GB, but I understand that I have to format it first on my computer before my BB Classic can recognize it? Which memory card do you guys recommend for me? After I get my memory card I will ask you guys for my next step. What make and model memory card should I buy?
Offline   Reply With Quote