View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 AM   #15
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
i use my disk drive daily too. i don't know what that guy in the article was talking about. working at my job over the summer (internship last summer but starting the real job in july), i used it all of the time...watching crash test videos, reading FDA and NHSTA guidelines, watching DVD's, and yes...reformatting my computer. do i really want my "so called 160GB hardrive" have a permanent partition with all of my OS and drivers? NO. i paid money for a 160GB drive, i'd rather have as much use of it as possible. i don't want several gigs partitioned...ON TOP of the space used up when the OS and drivers are actually installed. getting rid of the optical drive to me was premature, and just another way for Apple to cut costs and use their cost cutting and lack of features in a product and turn it around through some clever dandy marketing and sell it to the salivating apple-hip crazy followers......
Then I guess a drive less laptop isn't for you. These laptops are made for someone who wants the absolutely lightest laptop they can find. Just because it doesn't suit your needs there is no need to bash it. And if you don't like Apple or their products then just don't buy them. There are plenty of people who do.
Offline   Reply With Quote