Old 08-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #39
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelW View Post
Nokia's noise canceling is amazing, and once it's on my ear, it's very comfortable, even though it's rather large.

Well, I heard that T-Mo is releasing a new OS on Aug. 13, so I'll probably wait till then, and see if the new OS fixes the problem. Haven't wanted to upgrade OS because I really haven't had issues with my Pearl, other then my Nokia not working, and I didn't know an upgrade would fix it.

Thanks!
Like he said, don't wait for T-Mo to issue the OS. I am with T-Mo and I installed the Desktop Manager and latest OS, both available from the sticky above this forum.

As to the size of the Nokia, it is not the smallest out there. But having had other headsets and seen what else is out there, the super small ones are very expensive.

And IMHO unless one gets the micro headsets that are coming out now, none of the headsets, even the ones that look small, make a difference in terms of appearance. People will know you are wearing any of these headsets, whether the Nokia or the small ones.

In other words, we are gonna look like computer nerds or Type A personalities no matter what headset we wear. Even the micro headsets can still be seen, so what's the point in trying to get the smallest one out there.

In any event, here in San Francisco all the guys wear em, so no one gives a rip. Four years ago people did, when we first started wearing them. Back then girls would walk by us and chuckle/giggle. [See below pic for depiction of what I mean]

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 08-08-2007 at 05:48 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote