Old 07-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #103
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
By the way, as of yesterday/today sometime the iPhone was jailbroken, the OS hacked. 4 days or so from release. Security is a concern for individuals much less than businesses. But why, as an IT professional, would I want to deply ANY iPhones in an environment where you need any shred of security? The 9000 will be a HUGE step forward for RIM. Faster processor than the iPhone. Better screen than the iPhone. More memory than the iPhone. Better battery life with push email. Most importantly, the most secure mobile device on the market. Apple will outsell RIM in the consumer market. There is no question in my mind. It will be closer than most people will predict I am sure. But business, Apple will make very little headway there. There just is not enough there for it to sway the IT professionals.
Consumers do not look at and think about how easy this device can be jailbroken. Keep in mind I use my iphone for personal use and BlackBerry for work related stuff. So when I argue for iPhone it is in the consumer realm where BlackBerry cannot compete with iPhone. I really don't care if my iPhone can be easily jailbroken. I really don't care if it can be hacked easily. All I care about is that my iPhone takes care of my personal needs a lot better than my BlackBerry. Nobody is going to touch my iPhone except me anyway. What matters is ... can the iPhone be hacked remotely very easily. And right now .... no, it can't.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline   Reply With Quote