View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 08:27 AM   #10
baladegoma

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Bounce1111, this is a new option that may just provide some hope.

Nevertheless, you're saying you've got a 8300. I've got a 8310, WinVista. I won't be going back to XP as, although I liked it as an OS and the stability was terrific, I'm now married to Vista on both Desktop and Laptop.

Looks like Windows update came out with a PATCH YESTERDAY for BLACKBERRY SMARTPHONES!!!! I was so jazzed, I nearly freaked. But, wouldn't you know it? The patch would NOT DOWNLOAD. I tried a gazillion times. It's a small file, too. Obviously, Microsoft has been listening to someone as they tried to help, but not enough. Microsoft was "nice enough" to tell you what to do if the patch did not install. KEEP TRYING, KEEP TRYING. Had to go to work, so, I only had, maybe, 50 attempts at getting the patch to download AND WORK, which it didn't.

And bcreeksi, you deserive props for saying it like it is:

But, it is distressing to me that RIM does virtually no support for these issues and depends on Forums such as this.

I don't want to dis anyone who has helped me in the past or is helping other members, but my problem is the problem of litterally HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of other users OR WILL BE. RIM should be on this like white on rice as they're about to lose this customer and to a device THIS CUSTOMER DOES NOT WANT, BUT WOULD ONLY PURCHASE BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A DEVICE THAT WOULD WORK WHERE HIS RIM 8310 DOESN'T. I don't want an iPhone because I can't get a friggin' media player to work. I don't want to have to text wth my finger at a 90 degree angle to a key. I want raised buttons where I can text in my hand while cough, driving, or, in a meeting.

PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP WITH GETTING 4.2.2. OS INSTALLED ON MY 8310 WITH THE MEDIA PLAYER SO I CAN USE WHAT I BOUGHT. THE GPS IS THE FRIGGIN' BOMB, AND WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. BUT I NEED THE MEDIA PLAYER FOR WORK. AND, I THINK I PAID FOR IT.

Sorry for the screaming. But I've had enough.

Thanks again.

I'm still hoping that this issue gets resolved!!!
Offline   Reply With Quote