View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #14
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Roxio in Summary

Free with DM 4.2 sp 2, it will convert videos on the fly for you. It supports playlists on the Curve (don't think it will on the others but have not tried it). Get it here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software | Applications to Synchronize Your BlackBerry and Desktop Data
Go to the bottom of the page and click on the download link.

Best I can tell it only supports .mov, .avi and and .wma media files, so conversion still needs to be done of You Tube videos.

Roxio uses My Media accross their product line which is described below. They BB specific actions are then described followed by how media is transferred to the device. Note that I doubt playlists are supported on the 8800 but I have not tried it yet.

Working with My Media

The My Media view shows your Smart Views and albums.
Smart Views are media file groupings automatically created and maintained by Media Manager, based on common characteristics such as media type, date, or keyword. You can also create Smart Views from your search queries, or from existing Smart Views.
Albums are media file groupings that you create and manage yourself. You can use albums to group media files from vacations, events, or special occasions. If youxxx8217;ve already organized your photos and videos into folders, Media Manager automatically creates an album for each folder. When you add a photo or video to one of these folders, Media Manager automatically adds it to your album.
A single media file can be included in multiple Smart Views and albums. Moving media files from one album or Smart View to another does not affect the filesxxx8217; physical location on the disk. When you remove media files from Smart Views or albums, the media files are not physically deleted from your disk.
You can remove a media file from a Smart View, which removes the file from all other Smart Views to which it belongs. (The files are not removed from the Windows file system.)
You can also rename files within a Smart View, which renames the file in all other views to which it belongs, as well as in the Windows file system.
You cannot delete, rename, or move Smart Views.

Media Manager for BlackBerry

This version of Media Manager is specially designed to be used with your BlackBerry device. It differs from the standard version of Media Manager in the following ways: [LIST][*]It includes a BlackBerry view in both Media Manager and Media Selector, which you can use to browse media files on your BlackBerry device. (This view may be referred to as the My Devices view in this guide.)[*]It contains a BlackBerry Options tab. (This tab may be referred to as the Cell Phone Options tab in this guide.)
Tip: For more information about the fields on this tab, choose Tools > Options, click BlackBerry and then click Help.[*]The procedures for transferring files to and from your BlackBerry have been enhanced

Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry
[*]Media Manager always opens in Split view, so you donxxx8217;t need to click the Split View button when instructed to do so in the procedures in this guide.[*]Media Manager allows you to quickly and easily create and manage playlists

Transferring files from your computer to your BlackBerry

You can copy media files, including playlists, from your computer to your BlackBerry.
Note: When you copy playlists, all associated audio files are also copied.

To copy files from your computer to your BlackBerry:
  1. In the top part of the window, browse to and select the media files you want to transfer to your BlackBerry.
    Tip: To select more than one file at a time, press and hold Ctrl while you select the files.
  2. In the bottom part of the window, click BlackBerry to show the BlackBerry view and browse to the folder where you want to save the files.
  3. Click Copy Down.
    The Copy Files dialog box appears.
  4. Use one of these methods to copy the files:
    • To automatically convert the files to the optimal format and size for your BlackBerry, select Convert for optimal playback, and click OK.
    • To copy the files with the existing format and size, select Copy with no conversion, and click OK.
    • To select a destination format and size, select Advanced conversion options, and click OK. Change the options as desired, and click OK.
      Tip: For more information about the Advanced options, choose Tools > Options, click BlackBerry and then click Help.

Last edited by Stinsonddog; 05-19-2007 at 09:24 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote