DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonalliv
CONS include:
-I miss the push and wireless contacts sync on my work email.
-I hate deleting emails multiple times on the device and the PC.
-HATE having to keep my work computer running with Redirector.
Can't help you solve the wireless contacts sync and having to delete on both platforms, but there's a real easy alternative that's as fast as any push and gets rid of the need for redirector.

I had my company's exchange admin set up an automatic forwarding rule such that whenever an email hits the server, its immediately forwarded to my carrier.blackberry email address (in addition to, not instead of being kept on the server.) The ONLY thing I use the carrier.blackberry address for is company mail, and you can set that up in BIS so your sent mails show to be from [email address]. Unless you look at the headers, its impossible to tell if an email I send you came from my computer or my BB. And sitting at the home office with the BB laying beside the computer, new mails almost always arrive on the BB first, so its really quick - and NO computer running Redirector required. So in essence I don't have my company email configured as an account on BIS, the server never gets polled - its all instantly and automatically forwarded and uses the carrier.blackberry email.

With email working that well, I'll live with sync via DM and the dual delete necessity, to get the much better reliability and efficiency of my BB vs a WM phone.

Last edited by DallasFlier; 01-12-2007 at 01:48 AM..