View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #46
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

I know this is a really early beta, and should expect issues. Just finding this a bit more buggy than I'm happy to deal with. Issues I continue to have include:
- Docs To Go no go
- Facebook no go
- No clickable links in Google Mobile App search results
- No clickable links in HTML email
- Also ran into trouble with stored phone numbers that use an embedded "wait" character. For example, my land-line voice mail dial in is comprised of several parts:
-- initial number to call -- then wait
-- then a "*" must be entered -- then wait
-- then my "mailbox" must be entered (this is my land-line phone number) -- then wait
-- then my password must be entered

I have this all set up in the phonebook entry in the blackberry, so I can easily check my land-line voice mail from the road. I do so by starting the dialing from the phone book: it connects then waits for the next part, I hit the trackball and it sends the next part, etc. until all voicemail system prompts have been answered.

I just tried this under 5.0.0.100, and ran into problems. It got confused, and got stuck sending one of the digits -- and kept sending a continuous tone. I could not interrupt or stop it, and finally had to resort to a battery pull and reboot.

To top it off, I installed what I recall to be 5.0.0.8 version of desktop manager along with Roxio (ugh) media manager. The Roxio install apparently put several items on my machine that seem to be eating up tremendous resources, and interfere with Outlook several times a day, causing it to freeze for several minutes at a time.

I love the new features in 5.x.x.x, but don't think it's worth the aggravation right now. Thinking I'll fall back to 4.6.0.250, not without some regret. But I need the whole environment to be a bit more stable if I'm going to use this for work...

EDIT: *sigh* -- hard to get rid of 5.0.0.x on the 8900. Considering now that I may just do without the parts that don't work yet, since I like the 5.x.x.x enhancements. Jury is still out on this, but as a start, I uninstalled Desktop Mgr 5.08 (along with Roxio), and installed 5.01 Desktop Mgr WITHOUT Roxio this time. The Roxio add-ins were eating my machine alive. We'll see how this version works.

Anyway -- it's 11:30pm, been a long day, and I'm too tired now to make a decision about downgrading the phone OS, so I'll wait till tomorrow to decide...

Last edited by vinmontRD; 06-16-2009 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: update
Offline   Reply With Quote