View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #3
Bezroj

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaptor View Post
How many replacements do they consider too many?
Well I had 4 replacements on the original curve before they offered to swap me out to the 9000, and 4 with the 9000.

Quote:
Do they have this written in a policy that you can request or are the CSR's arbritraily making the decision?
According to their policy at AT&T Returns Policy - Wireless from AT&T.

Quote:
Warranty Claims/Exchanges
New wireless devices and netbooks carry a one-year manufacturer's warranty from date of purchase. Refurbished wireless devices and netbooks carry a 90-day manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase. New Apple branded equipment is covered by Apple's one-year Limited Warranty. Refurbished Apple branded equipment is covered under Apple's original Limited Warranty, and will have at least 90 days or more remaining under the warranty when sold.
and
Quote:
If you have owned your wireless device for between 31 and 365 days (for devices purchased new) or for between 31 and 90 days (for refurbished devices) and you believe it is defective, you may be eligible for our Online Warranty Exchange program.
at Answer Center | AT&T

I show nothing that states that there is a certain limit or restriction on how many times a given device can be replaced while under warranty, if it is not expressly stated and I was not told prior to receiving my latest replacement IMO AT&T does not have the right to make such an exception in my case. From what it seemed when I spoke with the CSR is, he had looked at the threaded history and decided that there were too many, after taking the situation to his supervisor he concurred.

Quote:
Until they answered these questions I would continue on up the chain of command.
I have attempted to speak to the supervisors at the warranty exchange department with no luck. How do you recommend getting in touch with their supervisors? I was contemplating filing a BBB complaint.

On another note, I threw my SIM card into my iPhone 3GS to troubleshoot the issue and find out if it is indeed my blackberry that is dropping the calls, low and behold...no dropped calls just yet.

Also, take a look at 'step 1' on the following page, according to that I am also listed as 'in warranty' Answer Center | AT&T

Last edited by Bezroj; 08-16-2010 at 04:10 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote