View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #28
jimfraser
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Q10
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Need to unlock your Torch? No Problem. Horizon Wireless can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwatson View Post
I got my AT&T Torch unlock for free at freemyblackberry.com
I went to the Horizon Wireless website and found that all unlock codes seemed to be $5 - a reasonable price in my opinion. However I found the web site very confusing and I could not find a specific place where I would get an unlock code for a 9800 on the Roger's network.
I went to freemyblackberry.com and found the site much clearer and straight forward. I put in my IMEI number and other relevant information and in less than 48 hours got an unlock code for free. If you also had your MED ID number they offered 24 hour service. The IMEI was easy to get so I went with the slower service. You can also get faster service for a fee. (Did not see whole lot of advertising on the site so am not too sure what their business model is for the free unlock or how much longer they will be around.)
I haven't actually but another service provider's sim card in to verify that my 9800 has been unlocked, but the network lock under device/advanced system settings/sim card now shows as disabled.
I would have liked to have supported Horizon Wireless as a long time supporter of this forum, but it has no excuse for its confusing web site.