View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #65
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
My point has nothing to do with MS Exchange ruling as the primary push mail technology in corporations. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Apple chose to get a MS product in the IPHONE when Apple spends a ton of cash bashing MS on a daily basis. That was my point along with the irony of it all.
Dont believe the marketing. Apple makes ads poking fun at MS because they work, people are pissed off at how MS took their enormous lead in the market and used it to stick them with a turd like Vista. It isnt personal, it is business. MS is vulnerable so Apple exploits the weakness.

Jobs is a sane and rational person, he knows that Apple will not have a majority of the market at any time in the forseeable future. Thus their products must be able to interact seemlessly in a windows environment.

I dont think he would even want a majority, it is much more wise to sit back and take the high profit top of the market and let someone else cater to the low margin masses. Not only is it profitable, it lets Apple duck some of the tough issues MS has had to face in making an OS that is everything to everyone.
Offline   Reply With Quote