View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
J, thanks for the repy to all my questions! I'm happy to hear the iPhone can do most of the things my BB can do!

As far as the sync'ing of contacts goes, I thought it can do so? Basically, I've got 600 or so contacts right now in Microsoft Outlook on my PC. I don't use wireless sync'ing. Everytime I connect my BB to the PC and turn on Desktop Manager, and click Sync, it tells me which of the two (BB or PC) has changes made to it, and then you can say to update the other with the change.

So if I make changes over a week to my contacts in Outlook, and then hook up the BB, it lets me update the BB with those changes. Any changes I've made in the meantime on my BB, will get updated on my Outlook contacts.

For calendar entries, when I get a meeting request from someone (via an email), my BB automatically inserts it into the calendar after having received it, so the calendar is also sync'd with my Outlook, without me ever having to sync it using Desktop Manager. (I only sync my contacts).

Please tell me these two are doable on the iPhone!
Yes the iphone will do this. It does if you are using an Exchange account, anyway.
Offline   Reply With Quote