Old 10-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Alexzander View Post
There is one tiny thing that could be done to improve this application. It's very minor. When I send a story to someone, it goes as an attachment, and when it does, the attached file has no extension. They have no way to open the attachment because the PC has no idea what the file is. And unknown files in email typically get deleted.

What I think would be a good idea is if the attachment went with a .htm extension on it so that it could be viewed in email or a browser.
FYI making suggestions here will get you nowhere, really - email the support team at Freerangeinc.com and they'll get back to you, I've had numerous emailings with the team and they're always pleasant.

I'm not sure what your seeing, it may be a function of the mail reader you're using (GMail shows up fine). The sent email is a multipart mixed message, it has one plain part (any text you entered and your BIS signature) and then one html part that is the article that Freerange is attaching to the email - I'm looking at the source of one right now (sent two to myself this afternoon from the road).

There isn't a file attachment, but what I suspect is that the email reader you're using cannot handle the text/html second part of the email. As far as I can see here everything in the email itself is valid, no out of spec type headers or message parts I see at a glance.

I did find something funny, though - RIM sneaks the word 'decombobulator' into the email headers.

Code:
Message-ID:<1790291066-1193005948-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-784285507-@bxe033.bisx.prod.on.blackberry>