View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Now this makes sense

Please Login to Remove!

I didn't get the point of OS 6 on the 9700. To me it was a total waste of effort, though I know I may have been alone in that sentiment. http://www.blackberryforums.com/rant...ml#post1723423

Well, the combination of that user interface with a hard keyboard and a touch screen is beautiful. It is all making total sense to me. Using the trackpad and keyboard for the navigation scenarios I mentioned in my earlier post is still the long way around, but if you use touchpad gestures it really is as quick to do those tasks.

I have experienced screwball behavior on pages when using the trackpad. Some of it is probably me touching the screen by accident; and some is probably me not understanding what I'm doing, such as when I'm zooming when I want to scroll up. But my solution is to use the touchscreen almost exclusively to navigate web pages and only use the trackpad when I absolutely have to.

All in all, I think the 9900 is almost a home run. Call it an easy triple that would be a home run except for the battery life (though I'm yet to be sure the battery life will be as bad for me as many are complaining it is).
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 09-04-2011 at 06:48 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote