View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
mikeshep

Model: NONE
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
What research have you done already? Have you narrowed your BB choices down to specific models. Do that and you will probably get more assistance. A little homework on your part tends to g a long way on nay Forum.

You will need a BB data plan for all BB related services such as WiFi, email, BBM, BB Browser etc. Don't think SERO is an option. Don't use SPRINT so I can't say for certain.

Plus, I am not 100% certain, but I think the Mac version of Desktop Manager requires Mac OSX 10.5 or higher.
Hi and thanks for your reply. I hear ya, but this kind of IS a big part of my research. I'm here - as well as on other cellphone forums - because I presume I'll get real-world actual-user-experience insights that simply aren't available from the typical user-review or device description you get from most phone review sites.
That's because there just isn't a vast amount of information out there generically available about the specific question of what phones work best with Macs ( since most - like so many other devices - Don't ; )

That said, I can only say that I've narrowed it down to any BB that is EVDO Rev.A capable and can be usb-tethered - on a Sprint SERO plan. Beyond that there's alot of conflicting data out there as to what works and what doesn't....what is simple to use without requiring some high-tech tweaking - and what will work 'out-of-the-box' with some simple configuration settings...
that sort of thing. Come to think of it i actually have done a pretty good amount of homework and the result is that I'm still confused because i don't find any simple answer as a result.

Soo, that's kinda why i've come to yet another Forum website for clues. Believe me, if the world was Mac Friendly - (and no thanks to Apple and Company that it ISN'T) I would likely have resolved this a long time ago. Apple is super-proprietary, that's a given. All I need to figure out is basically something that fits the definition I gave in my OP.

I do know that as of right now i need a BIS/BB Data Plan with Sprint, regardless of if I'm on a SERO plan or not. I really am looking for opinions about the simplicity of tethering a BB on a Mac - and whether a BB
OS is Windows-Like or..more intuitive and straightforward like the Mac OS environment I'm used to. Sincere thanks to you and all for your feedback!

Much Appreciated,

MikeE