View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
mikeshep

Model: NONE
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Can you help me figure out what BB to buy for this...

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, I am new here and have been in a bind for a month trying to identify what phone i need to do the following. Really hope you guys can help me
narrow down a finalist. I have some 'special needs' as follows.

Am on a Sprint SERO Plan/unlimited data. Have been on an old Sanyo 9000 for 5+ years and need to move up to a tetherable 'smarter' phone that works EASILY with a Mac... for locations where wi-fi is not an option.

I need said phone to have EVDO Rev.A capability to run on Sprint Network

Prefer a very straightforward, easy-learning-curve phone OS... Not necessarily into touchscreen keypad - would prefer a regular raised type AND
screen touchpad as an option.

I also need a reasonably decent sized Display as i need to use browser and be able to send/get email easily. (Such as most BBs offer...)

Ideally would prefer usbmodem type tether to mac but if BT is the only way to get it done, am ok with that. Just want optimum upload speed possible
and have heard usbmodem is going to be fastest connectivity-wise.
I also don't particularly need a wi-fi hotspot from the phone...just connecting a single laptop.

I do not like Windows phones (or computer OS) and just returned a TP2 - needlessly complex with unnecessary features...

BB or Palm have been suggested. So assuming i go with a BB, how much 'tweaking' am i in store for or is there a relatively 'out-of-the-box-easy' way to go to tether pretty intuitively running a Mac 10.4 OSX laptop? Right now
with SERO I'm $30/month with unltd data but the ol
Sanyo can't be made to tether. I would go with a laptop-connect data card but that more than doubles my monthly rate and for the amount of time i actually need to use this hook-up, wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks for reading through all this and any suggestions hugely appreciated.

Mike

Last edited by mikeshep; 08-07-2010 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: sp.
Offline   Reply With Quote