View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Old BBID still tied to Z30

Great analogy but you still haven't explained, EXACTLY, what you did and in what order. BBM can only be tied to one device at a time and to only one BBID. Let me see if I can decipher it.

So, you had two devices using same BBID (we'll call it BBID#1.) That works fine. However, only one of those devices could use BBM at a time. That's a BBM limitation so you can't use BBM on two devices at a time even with one BBID. So, BBM was enabled (maybe not used) on YOUR device with BBID#1.

Now you want to use BBM so you decided to create a second BBID (a brand new one we'll call BBID#2) and use it on your device leaving your wife's device on the old BBID#1 (probably never had BBM logged in ever.) You wiped your device because you can't login with a new BBID until you do. You then set up BBM again under the new BBID#2.

However, now when you attempt to login on the wife's device with the BBID#1 it says it's tied to another device (presumably yours) and wants to switch.

If that is the case, then you need to allow BBM to switch devices. Essentially, her BBM is still tied to the device you're using. If your device is using BBM with BBID#2 then it shouldn't affect yours. However, she may end up with whatever BBM contacts were tied to your device before wiping the device and logging in with the new BBID#2.

It sounds like she's never used BBM so you probably will only need to delete any contacts that were in there.

Bottom line, on her device let BBM switch devices and I think you'll be good.
Offline   Reply With Quote