Old 03-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
leftover

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Re: BlackBerry Curve 8520 setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Very old BlackBerry devices like the 8520 require a special BlackBerry Internet Service data plan on them. If you want to use it, you have to contact Vodafone and get the BlackBerry Data Plan added.

The 8520 was released almost 6 years ago.
This is the problem, I want to use it mainly on WiFi. However, in the user manual I have:

2. On the email setup screen, select one of the following options:

xxx8226; I want to create or add an email address: This email setup option is most common for individual users. Use this option to associate your BlackBerry® device with one or more (up to ten) existing email addresses (for example, a Google Mailxxx8482; or Windows Livexxx8482; Hotmail® email account) or to create a new email address for your device. To use a social networking application on your device, you must use this option to associate your device with the email address that you use to receive social networking notifications. If this option does not appear, contact your wireless service provider.

xxx8226; I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server: This email setup option is most common for corporate users. Use this option to associate your device with a work email account using the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server if your administrator has provided you with an enterprise activation password.2. On the email setup screen, select one of the following options:

I get only the second option and not the first one that I need, and I don't know why? Is there any workaround?
thank you
Offline   Reply With Quote