View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #28
mario_de

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
The calls aren't a problem. My friends don't call me, and the people that do usually hang up before it reaches voicemail, and it's also normally in the middle of the night when my device is set to not give any alerts. Unfortunately, I doubt you'll with T-Mobile. As I've said, only things that use the BlackBerry APN are free. Unlocked phones use the WAP/Internet APN. It's pretty straightforward.
Thanks for all the info DC. I'm in Kuwait headed to BAF sometime in the next week or so and I have the APN settings disabled. One question though, before learning about this great feature with the international BIS info, I had Tmobile unlock my phone thinking I'd get a roshan SIM card. Will having an unlocked phone make a difference or do I need to reenable the SIM card security so that I can ensure that I'm only using BIS. I only ask this because I had disabled the APN settings before leaving the states and was able to use the data plan at my layover in Germany even though I hadn't activated the international BIS yet (or maybe it was delayed since I didn't get the confirmation text until Kuwait). Either way, if you're in the general vicinity of where ill be at could you hook a brother up by PMing me your afg cell number if possible? Appreciate the assist.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote