View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
cjsmailing
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Unlocked and have a SIM card that registers on the t-Mobile network
Default Re: Latest OS: 9550 5.0.0.1754/5.0.0.1082 (Multilanguage)

??Can this be used on a 9550 that is unlocked, has no data plan, and is using an international SIM card that registers through the T-Mobile service??

I just need to get the phone to send/receive calls and text, as well as WIFI. The phone does all this, but I can't hear the sound, and some of the buttons don't function anymore. When I was unlocking it, they had me wipe the phone. (I did this via entering the password 10 times incorrectly.) I don't know if I need a new OS & Service Books or just service books, or something else. The phone still registers the old phone number but is unlocked and shows T-Mobile and Edge at the top.

PLEASE ADVISE if I should download this OS and/or Service Books. If both, what order should it be done? And do you have a link to getting the Service Books without having a data plan? On another forum I saw instructions that showed that it was not necessary to have a data plan, but the link to the OS was no longer working. ww.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/216084-how-upgrade-bb-out-data-plan.html

Can someone help?
Offline   Reply With Quote