Old 02-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
thehuydog

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanBird View Post
Hi thehuydog

Firstly do you have any other wireless device connected to the router? If not it could be Wireless MAC Filtering has been enabled on your router by mistake on the setup process. The MAC address is the Hardware address to a network type device and can be found under OPTIONS> Status WLAN MAC xx xx xx xx xx xx on your BB device.

Also check to see if you have an IP address under status too? or is still showing 0.0.0.0

This will need to be entered on your router in one of the options probably somewhere under wireless settings.

Thats how I have my router running at home just an extra layer of security so if someone does have my WEP key the still cannot get on.

Not she that is the answer but its worth a shot. But if you have disable the WEP encryption and its working then it what type of encryption you are using. If you can post up what settings you are using for WEP?
You may need to relax the security a bit on the router.

Ta
Ian
hey Ian, I think you are right that its something to do with my security. I got it to work when I drop all type of encryption ( as in my neighbor could probably get on and use my WIFI). under status, I have both WLAN MAC addy and an IP addy. I'll try again. Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Offline   Reply With Quote