View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 02:05 PM   #1
shadowlesss
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Remote Administration - Questions Answered

Please Login to Remove!

There are a few Remote Administration packages out there for the BB and most of them cost $200 plus...below I am going to explain a low cost method of Remote Administration that I have tested and implemented...

I am a network administrator in a Windows Environment and I have setup a 2003 Terminal Server on the network and have allowed access though my firewall to the Terminal Server. I purchased the Remote Desktop for Mobiles software ($29.99) and loaded the server software on my Terminal Server and client on my BB 7250. Next, I created the Access rules in my Firewall to allow for the port 6100 TCP6 communication to the Terminal Server. I then configured my BB Remote Desktop for Mobiles client software to communicate with my Terminal Server and got connected with no problems.

Because I am running Windows Server 2003 on all my servers and Windows XP on most of my clients, once I have a connection using my Remote Desktop for Mobiles Software, I then open the RDP Software on the Terminal Server (Windows Remote Desktop) and can Remotely Manage all of my other Servers and any XP Clients on the network. By doing this I have eliminated the need to purchase and install a Remote Desktop for Mobiles server on all of my servers & clients saving time and money! Thus for only $29.99 I can now manage my entire network from my BB when needed.

Granted this is not the best way to manage your network but for those rare occasions when you can not get to your computer to connect to your network via a VPN tunnel, it will be a very useful, low cost tool for administrators.

Try it out....list your experiences and questions here!

http://www.desktopmobiles.com/

Shadowlesss

Kindness Is The Ability To Love