View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #24
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus
Default Should LED light up when charging?

I just thought I'd post an update for this issue. I was instructed by an Optus shop to "call Blackberry direct" on 1800 039 536.

Despite it being over a year old (maybe 16 months), he said it has a 90 day phone help warranty, which we never registered for, and which he said has been extended for all Playbooks with no end date. This is in Australia, no idea if it's true for other countries.

He spent a long time on the phone trying all the usual tricks to get it to power up, then said it would have to come in for repairs, and that it would be covered by the warranty for sure.

I received an RMA and special packaging in the mail, and sent it back.

About a month later, someone rang to say it was busted and I'd have to pay $374 to fix it. I said I'd been told it would be covered by warranty, and she said she'd check.

Another month later it arrived back here repaired, not replaced. The paperwork says "Fault description - Power miscellaneous" and "Components replaced".

It's working fine, even after a wireless OS upgrade. It's a bit hard to get used to it again after using an iPad for a while.

One thing I've noticed is that the LED doesn't light up while it's charging. Isn't it supposed to flash green or something? It shows red, then green, for a little while when it's starting up, but never while it's charging.
Offline   Reply With Quote