johnherdman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9360
PIN: 28D9B16C
Carrier: O2 UK
Default Re: Playbook vs 'The New' iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit View Post
Odd how you need to bridge your playbook to your blackberry to sync your emails while I have my emails coming to both my iPad and iPhone at the same time and I don't need to "bridge" them together to do it. I paid for 1 app total for business use and that's it. I use my iPad to browse the network shares, admin the routers, switches, ssl/vpn, RDP into all the servers, print off reports, etc. Basically the same work that I do on my work laptop. All without ever connecting my iPhone to my ipad to get emails. Everything on both devices are through Exchange.
Bridge is a free app, i didn't have to pay for it. DocsToGo Premium is also free on BB OS7 and Playbook OS2.

Yes you might use the iPad and iPhone to get emails, but thats 2 data sets you are using, not one. 2 devices that require 2 data connections, Active Sync is also not that Data Efficient compared to BIS/BES either is it? (Every time it checks for emails it uses 100+k, BIS/BES uses 10k.)

Also like i said, iOS is a consumer device, yes it can do everything you need apart from true multi tasking. I would prefare security over anything since i deal with customers data all the time.

Last edited by johnherdman; 03-24-2012 at 04:29 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote