View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
johnherdman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9360
PIN: 28D9B16C
Carrier: O2 UK
Default Re: Playbook vs 'The New' iPad

Well, as we don't even have BES in our company (Which is an IT Support company) but I can still use the playbook on the network, easy access the shared drives on the server and edit them with DocsToGo Premium (Which is included as standard), bridge my Curve 9360 with it so I can get all my emails (through Bridge) and use active sync for contacts/calendars (Through the data connection on the Curve) whats not to like.

Also the 7" format is an idea compromise to carry around with you. I also have a Motorola Xoom which never leaves the house because its simpley to big.

For Business, The Playbook is the ultimate tablet, there are short comings on the thing, just like there is on the iPad and Android, but the security is better (Blackberry is more secure than both, plus the fact that there isn't a lot of them around helps matters) and does exactly what business people want.

Want an entertainment device, get an Android Tablet, the Xoom excels in Games etc, but is absolutely crap at business stuff and I've already had a virus on it from Google Play. Luckily I have Dr.Web installed on it. iOS is not better, just visit MobileSafari iOS 5.1 - Adress bar spoofing Demo for a demo of just how good iOS security is.

oohh and before you think I hate Apple Product's, I am an Apple Tech and love Mac's.

Last edited by johnherdman; 03-23-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote