View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
kstrouse
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default Messages deleted from handheld suddenly aren't getting deleted from server

Please Login to Remove!

I get lots of spam on an account that comes in on the BlackBerry, so I like to delete the messages on the device, and when I download to Outlook, those messages don't come down. This has worked well in several BlackBerry devices, and has been working fine on my device of a year (9700) and operating system of six weeks (6.0). I had no reason to believe it should stop working, but it has.

For the past week (I think), the messages I delete on the handheld stay on the server, even if I wait for some time to let them delete before I bring them down to Outlook. Nothing had changed in my device or my BIS registration. I went into BIS, did a fake edit of an account and saved it, and then sent service books. I've registered the HRT, re-sent service books, and rebooted, separately, and on the advice of a thread somewhere, did all three of those things in that order. I was hoping that it was a RIM problem, but I haven't seen anything posted lately. Is anyone experiencing this problem or has anyone seen this and fixed it in the past? Thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote